World Champion Cory Hill
As part of our efforts to assist in the growth of Ocean Paddling around the World, Vaikobi is privileged to be part of the team who have been able to bring the 20 Beaches Ocean Classic back on to the Australian Ocean Racing Calendar after a three year hiatus.
Thanks to the amazing support of headline sponsor, Shaw and Partners and supporting partners KPMG and Fitness First, the 2018 Shaw and Partners 20 Beaches Ocean Classic is going to be one not to miss.
Importantly, the Early Bird Entry closes on November 15th, so don’t miss out on your chance to enter this race at the Early Bird price of $110 which is sensational value.
To motivate you all, here are 11 Awesome reasons why you just have to race in the 2018 Shaw and Partners 20 Beaches Ocean Classic:
1. Iconic Race: There is not a more iconic Ocean Paddling Race on the East Coast of Australia with the history of the 20 Beaches Ocean Classic, so get set to be part of history when the great race returns in 2018.
There will be a host of former winners competing as well as some of the best ocean padders from around the world, so get along and rub shoulders with the world's best.
2. Point to Point Race Track: Only dangerous conditions will stop us running a point to point race from Fishermans to Station Beach, so get set to race on what is the most scenic and awesome race tracks in the world. *Note we have a super back up "Storm Course" ready in the event that conditions are too big to run the normal offshore course.
The race will be conducted by the professional team from Ocean Paddler led by Dean Gardiner and Yanda Morrison.
Women's World Champion, Hayley Nixon from South Africa can't wait to get to Sydney
3. Free Vaikobi Ocean Performance Race Tee: Each competitor will receive a free Vaikobi Performance Race Tee valued at $55. There is half your entry value right there!
4. Free Beer and Burger at the Bavarian Manly for the presentation, 5pm Saturday 15th December. This is going to be a great party and a fantastic way to finish the last ocean race of the year. Get along with all your paddling mates to celebrate a great year at one of the best venues in Sydney.
5. Relay Race: This year, we are offering a relay option for those who are looking to share the race with a friend. The relay change over point will be at Mona Vale Basin.
6. $80,000 Prize Money: Thanks to our fantastic sponsors- Shaw and Partners, KPMG and Fitness First, we are thrilled to be able to offer a $80,000 prize pot to be spread across the divisions. Combined with the Doctor in Perth, the prize money on offer for these two races makes this the richest Ocean Racing Series in the World!
7. Safety: We will be using the Safe TRX mobile phone tracking ap for this race to support our strong on and off water safety team. Safety is our number one priority for this race, so if you are looking to compete in your first ocean race, then this is the one to do! The Mona Vale mid race turning mark is also another great safety feature for this race.
8. Race Hat: Thanks to Shaw and Partners, every competitor will receive an Awesome Vaikobi Race Hat. Rock it this Christmas Holidays.
Sean Rice (RSA) has been training the house down for the November and December racing season and can't wait to get his free Vaikobi Race shirt and hat!
9. Pre- Race training runs: This weekend we will be running our 2nd Pre- Race Paddle on Sunday 11th of November. Register at 20beaches.com.au
10. Because Ocean Paddling needs your support! The sport has been fantastically fortunate to have some amazing people put their heads together to sponsor, support and organise these great races, all with the common goal to grow the sport of Ocean Paddling.
These great people have put significant time and resources into running races like the 20 Beaches Classic, so get along and enter this great race to show your support for the sport of Ocean Racing.
11. Awesome fun! Just in case 10 was not enough. The 11th reason is simply because it is going to be awesome fun which you would not want to miss!
Vaikobi is looking forward to seeing everyone here in Sydney on December 15th 2018.
Austin Kieffer (USA) will be firing and ready to go!